- The Platform Engineer
- Example Applications
- RealWorld - The ultimate demo app, with multiple frontend and backend frameworks
- Google’s Online Boutique - True Microservice e-commerce app, written as a pologot style service covering most modern development languages today (Node, Go, Python, C#, Java)
- Google’s Bank of Anthos - A lighter microservice example app - only Python and Java. Both referencing PostgreSQL databases for persistence.
- WeaveWorks’ Sock Shop - Another example Microservice app. Leverages Spring Boot, Go, and Node.js. Also leverages RabbitMQ.
- Development - Web
- Development - Go
- Development - Python
- Development - Scripting
- Git: All configurations should be in a version management system, and git is probably the best available. For any open source code Github is pretty much the defacto host for a lot of projects.
- JQPlay: Quick way to debug jq filters. Also available as a Docker image
- Makefile: Explained in Makefiles for Modern Development
- Tilt: Tool for rapid rebuild/live build environments.
- A Dev’s Thoughts On Developer Productivity: A great discussion on optimizing the “inner” developer loop.
- Art of Unix Programming
- ChgLog implementing Conventional Commits
- GitHub Flow: A pretty standard process for committing to many open-source projects.
- Uncurled (Source): From the author of curl, “everything I know and learned about running and maintaining Open Source projects for three decades.”
- The Command Line in 2004
- yagni - You Aren’t Gonna Need It: Could also easily apply to IaC code-bases