The configuration step in the DevOps toolchain will be covered. Also including any core infrastructure links in this page.
Kubernetes(k8s) is the best modern approach for deploying and maintaining code.
Infrastructure As Code
- CrossPlane: Infrastructure provider as k8s resources
- tf-free: Provision free-tier resources across a variety of cloud providers.
- Infracost: Terraform Infrastructure Cost estimation, which can be baked into a CD pipeline for better review of what infrastructure costs will be.
- Terraservice: A model for services in Terraform
- Terracognita: Generate IaC from existing code.
- Terraformer: Produce terraform from existing resources.
- Cloud Instance Cost
System Build Tool
- Packer: Designed to quickly deploy test virtual machines in a specific configuration. Can pull in external configuration management such as Ansible if desired.
- TheForeman: I’ve used in the past. A little larger and more cumbersome then I would like.
- DigitalRebar: A new project that I’d like to investigate more heavily.
- ClusterAPI: Kubernetes focused provisioning.
Configuration Management: Generally an anti-pattern. Much prefer leveraging Packer to build immutable images, and Terraform or Crossplane to deploy
- Jenkins: Generally used for CI on code, could be integrated with the above to perform full integration testing on a stack